Updated: Mar 23, 2021
POSTED BY SUSIE HAMILTON STUBBER · OCTOBER 05, 2020
Slow Braised Veggie Ragu
2 Onions peeled and chopped
1 Large Carrot peeled and chopped
125g Mushrooms wiped and chopped
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
30g Tomato Purées
30ml Black Garlic Balsamic
500ml Veg Stock
1 Bay Leaf
1 Sprig of Thyme
Sea Salt & Freshly milled Pepper
10ml Olive Oil
1. Chop the vegetables evenly as this will help with the cooking.
2. Warm the oil in a suitable sized saucepan, add the carrots and onions.
3. Cook gently for a couple of minutes then add the mushrooms, turn the heat up
and fry for a further two minutes.
4. Add the vinegar and allow to boil before adding the tomato purée.
5. Cook out gently and then add the stock, herbs and chopped tomatoes.
6. Bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer.
7. Simmer for a couple of hours stirring occasionally.
8. Season with a little salt and pepper and adjust the consistency if required.
9. Serve with your favourite pasta and lots of freshly grated parmesan