Wholegrain Freekeh are young grains of wheat that are harvested at their nutritional peak and lightly toasted. Unlike our Greenwheat Freekeh, the grains are not cracked and remain whole. With a nutty taste, wholesome texture and hint of smokiness, Wholegrain Freekeh makes a flavourful alternative to rice, couscous and bulgur wheat.
Check out the nutritional benefits:
- Low GI/low insulin response (good for diabetics)
- High in Fibre (up to 4 times more than Brown rice!)
- High in Protein (Approx. 60% higher than rice)
- Higher in Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium & iron compared to rice and pasta
- All natural, free from any chemicals
- Rich in Prebiotic properties
- GMO free
How to cook Freekeh
- Pour 100g Wholegrain Freekeh and 600ml of water into a saucepan.
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Stir, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Drain excess water and use hot, or allow to cool and use warm or cold